This God!
[16] But I will sing of Your mighty strength and power; yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy and loving-kindness in the morning; for You have been to me a defense (a fortress and a high tower) and a refuge in the day of my distress.
I believe that we know now that God will never promise any of His children a life free of trials and tough times. As long as the ownership and allegiance is to Him, He has the power to define the preparation and processing that this life needs in order to place it in the direction it needs for the purpose it was formed and planted for. The way God deals with all who belong to Him differs from person to person, but one thing is clear: He will not abandon that life that has been kept with or handed over to Him for safe-keeping. As life happens to me, I must keep checking if I am still connected to the vine. As long as He is my sole supply and support, I have nothing to worry about.
This was where David was. Just picture a man who knew he was the next king of Israel, yet here he was, being pursued and hounded like a common criminal in his own country. He had done nothing wrong, yet nothing seemed to work in His favour. The introduction to this chapter says that the words of this psalm were written at a time when king Saul sent men to the house of David to watch him so they could kill him. This was the same young man who had rescued the nation of Israel from their aggressors the Philistines. David had won many battles for Israel but the moment envy set in, Saul forgot the past and tried to secure his own legacy by killing David.
Who says that anointing will keep you away from the effect of a submitted and surrendered life? If I have given God total control of my life, the only control I retain is my response to whatever God brings my way. If it is all 'good' by my estimation, I still praise Him. Even if it is 'bad' by my estimation, I still have the same response. How I interpret what comes my way does not change who God is, but it will surely impact the way I see God's hand in all that comes. For David, praise was his way of appreciating God for all He had done and was still doing for him. David was not a man known for keeping quiet; he did what he did publicly and loudly.
Like David, God is still in the business of doing great things in the lives of all who leave all and follow Him, but as we have always said, He will not force Himself on anyone, and He will not go against the exercise of my freewill. He wants me to come to Hiin in deep and sincere appreciation of what He has done for me. David sang of God's mighty strength and power. He experienced mercy in ways that merit could not understand. He saw God come to his defence in mighty ways, and the fact that he saw God move, even in distress, is proof that God never leaves His own alone. He is all we need for all of life. What would you do with this God? God's time of favour is here.
No comments:
Post a Comment