Tuesday, 6 October 2026

Live Right!

Live Right!

“Rescue any who need to be saved, as you would rescue someone from a fire. Then with fear in your own hearts, have mercy on everyone who needs it. But hate even the clothes of those who have been made dirty by their filthy deeds.” Jude 1:23 CEVUK

Depending on which source you read, Jude or Judas here was one of the earthly half-brothers of Jesus, but he understood the message. He introduces himself as a servant of Jesus Christ and a brother of James too. It did not matter what had happened in the past or what had brought them to this point; the critical bit was the assignment of missions that God had committed into the hands of Jude. Do I know who I am, who has called me and what I have been called to, or am I still stuck of family genealogies and history? Am I distracted by a desire for phyiscal influence at the expense of spiritual impact? Am I content to be seen as a servant, or am I invested in recognition and respect?

Jude knew his call, and he wrote this letter to those who are called and chosen, dearly loved by God the Father, and separated and kept for Jesus Christ. Reflect on this: the love of God brought salvation to all mankind, but it is only those who commit their lives to Jesus who are truly kept safe. God offers Himself to all, but He will not force Himself on all. As the bible also says: “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God”. As many as would come to the saving knowledge of Jesus, they have access to help and resources that will keep them on the right path. Before I start to claim, do I belong to the category of people covered by the insurance that Jesus' death and resurrection provide?

For those who have come to Jesus, there is a call to be different; to stand out; to fight for the standards of the faith; to enforce the rules and practices of the kingdom to which we belong. When Jude was writing to this letter, he referenced this when he said: "contend for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints". We have been given a precious and free gift: salvation. It comes with its own demands, and it will ask for commitment and discipline. When it comes to this contention, there is no fence to sit on. You are either all in or all out. In the times we live in today, there are mockers and those who walk after their own ungodly lusts, yet God is counting on me to uphold the principles and practices of His kingdom here on earth. 

How do I do these things without help? How do I discern without His guidance? There are people to help from afar; there are people you need to get down and help up. As the verse above makes clear, we are to rescue any who needs to be saved, as one would rescue someone from a fire. That is how pressing the need for salvation is. We are to also have and show mercy to all who need it, but keeping fear in our own hearts, as we deal with the world we have been placed in. As the verse above also makes clear, helping others nust not come at the expense of eternal security. Avoid anything that polutes; God will not lower His standards for anyone, no matter how good the intentions were. May God help us to live right. God's time of favour is here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment