Wednesday, 12 August 2026

Living in Light!

Living in Light!

1 John 1:7 AMPC
[7] But if we [really] are living and walking in the Light, as He [Himself] is in the Light, we have [true, unbroken] fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses (removes) us from all sin and guilt [keeps us cleansed from sin in all its forms and manifestations].

As always, there is always a choice between light and darkness. There is no middle ground where I am able to stay uncommitted to one side. As we have also read from God's word, God hates being lukewarm. My daily choices are the best proofs of the choice I have made. God gives me all the information, as well as all the help I need to make the right choice, but He will not force Himself on me, or go against the exercise of my freewill. I  have been given all that I need for life and Godliness. What I am not allowed to do is to then turn around and try and blame God for the consequences of the choice I have made. This is why this race is best seen as personal.

The writer of this letter, who is traditionally referred to as John, would know what this meant to me in a personal capacity as a disciple, as well as a brother to James, who was also a disciple. Both of them had different experiences as they walked with Jesus. We read of James being killed by Herod, and we also read of a John who was banished to the Island of Patmos. In all of these different experiences, we see a common thread: walking with Jesus does not shield you from trials and tough times. What it does is to provide the assurance that no matter what comes, Jesus sees and knows the end from the beginning

He is able to ensure that all things work together for my good. This is why where I live and dwell matter. What I have access to is defined by my residence status. Like many countries would lay out, benefits are defined by status. Length of time may help, but living according to the rules help. This also applies to spiritual matters too. How can I make a demand on the resources of a place whose authority I do not submit to or recognise? How can the laws of a country I am not subject to or resident in work for my favour? The emphasis here is to encourage dwelling, not temporary or fleeting attention. Am I dwelling in the light? Am I walking in the light? 

Everything that God does is for my earthly and eternal good. If I remain in Him, I have unbroken fellowship with Him. He wil not stay where He is not welcome, and He will not compete for attention. He has given me His all and His best: forgiveness of sin and full redemption by the blood of Jesus His son. In response, I either give Him my all or nothing at all. He is the Light, and all who submit to Him enjoy the benefits and blessings of the Light. I get clarity on what to do, and how to do it. I have this confidence that God has sealed my eternal hope. I have an assurance that whenever this earthly phase ends, I inherit eternal life. What do you look forward to? God's time of favour is here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment