Friday, 18 September 2026

God's Nature 2!

God's Nature 2!

Isaiah 41:13 AMP
[13] “For I the Lord your God keep hold of your right hand; [I am the Lord], Who says to you, ‘Do not fear, I will help you.’

Just as we read yesterday, God is not a God to be trifled with. He does not joke with sin, and when you consider the size, scope and scale of the price He paid in order to deal permanently with sin, you know that sin is not something to be trifled with either. God will also punish sin, no matter in whom it is found. He has made that clear with the way He had dealt with His own people Israel. This was a people loved by Him and chosen from among the many nations of the world at the time to be the source of His affection. This was His prerogative at the time. However, as we know, being chosen and loved by God places a duty on you not to forget the grace that chose and placed you where you are. 

When God would punish His people, He raised up nations that were not even as strong as the people of Israel. That is what sin does: it renders you powerless. Whatever you had as a defense and protection are gone; anything can push you over. Whatever it is you were able to do in the past quite well becomes a burdensome activity. This is why God paid such a high price to deal with sin. His choice does not absolve me of the responsibility to listen to, heed His instructions and follow Him closely. Interestingly, God who raised up kings like Nebuchadnezzar to deal with Israel for its sin is the same God who raised up another king Cyrus to implement His will for His people and to exact justice on those who had maltreated His people. 

I must never forget where I have been and who I was before God saved me. This must keep me entirely dependent on God for this walk of faith. I was not able to defeat sin on my own, and even after Christ has died and also resurrected, I am still not able to defeat sin on my own. I need the help of this God on a daily basis. This God is always willing to help. That is the message of the verse above. He lays out His credentials as a God who is ever-present; He does not let go, and He does not give up on me. Fear has no room in my heart anymore; His presence does not leave room for anything else. Remember: this is a willing sacrifice. God will not force Himself on anyone. Would I embrace His help? God's time of favour is here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment